Q. WHAT IS COSMETIC TATTOOING/ MICROBLADING?A. Cosmetic tattooing, also referred to as semi-permanent makeup ,it is a two step process of implanting colour pigment beneath the surface of the skin by means of tiny, sterile, disposable needles to produce the appearance of hair strokes.
Q. WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN COSMETIC TATTOOING AND STANDARD BODY TATTOOING?
A. The purpose of cosmetic tattooing is to enhance the natural features of a client. Cosmetic tattooing is softer and more subtle – it is meant to be a natural-looking enhancement. Body tattoos use ink while cosmetic tattoo procedures involve pigments. These pigments are designed to gently fade over time. Fading is desired as it allows the artist to make changes to colour and shape over the years as client’s natural colouration and facial changes occur.
Q. DOES COSMETIC TATTOOING HURT?
A. A highly-effective, topical anesthetic cream and gel are used for numbing before and during your procedure. Pain threshold levels vary from person to person and every effort is made to ensure you remain comfortable for the entirety of the procedure. Having this service performed during your menstrual cycle may increase discomfort during your procedure. If you are a frequent smoker, the topical anesthetics used during the treatment will not last as long. If you have been diagnosed with certain medical conditions, be aware that this may affect your sensitivity tolerance to the procedure.
Q. HOW OLD DO I HAVE TO BE TO GET MICROBLADING?
A. You must be 18 years or older to receive a tattoo service at Pink Lotus Studio.
Q. CAN I GET MICROBLADING IF I AM PREGNANT OR NURSING/ OR HAVE ANY MEDICAL CONDITIONS ?
A. As a precaution, we do not perform cosmetic tattooing on pregnant or nursing women, insulin dependent Diabetes, Psoriasis, and Violation Anticoagulants . If your not sure please inform your physician, as a doctors note will be required to proceed with procedures if you have other major medical conditions.
Q. HOW LONG DOES COSMETIC TATTOOING LAST?
A. Cosmetic tattoo treatments are considered semi-permanent and will not wash off, however, they will fade over time and may need to be refreshed every 1-2 years. Frequency of sessions depends on a number of factors including: the pigment colour used (lighter colours fade faster), lifestyle (sun exposure), and if any chemical peels come into contact with treated areas. Please note that final results CAN NOT be guaranteed, as everyone heals differently and each unique skin type will hold pigments differently and break down at different rates. We will re-evaluate how your skins retention of pigment at your second session and make any changes necessary. Multiple sessions are normal for cosmetic tattoo procedures, with each new procedure requiring a minimum of 2 visits. Your second session can be booked no sooner than 6-8 weeks after the initial appointment. If it does not heal perfectly after the first session, do not worry! We can always go darker and add more density at your follow-up appointment. Any additional touch up sessions will be charged according to our current pricing.
Q. WHAT FACTORS WILL AFFECT MY COSMETIC TATTOO?
A. Sun exposure: The sun will extremely soften the look of your tattoo, so sunblock should be used (once healed) to prolong your enhancement. The regeneration of skin cells: The longer the regeneration takes, the longer the pigment holds. The speed at which the skin absorbs the pigment: The slower the absorption, the longer the pigment will hold. The choice of colour: Some colours fade quicker than others, e.g. a blonde colour will fade quicker than a dark brown colour. The area of treatment: Enhancements to the face, for example, fade more quickly due to constant exposure. Bleeding during the procedure: Any bleeding during the tattooing procedure will reduce the amount of pigment absorption. Alcohol and certain medications act as blood-thinners and should not be taken prior to and following your appointment.
Q. WHAT SHOULD I DO BEFORE MY EYEBROW PROCEDURE?
A. If you regularly get your eyebrows shaped, waxed, threaded or tinted, please do so at least 3 days before your appointment. If there are any stray hairs that fall outside of our final shape, we can remove them. If you plan to go on a vacation, it is recommended to plan your trip a minimum of 14 days after the procedure. We require our clients to avoid any blood thinning medication for a minimum of 72 hours prior to their appointment. This includes Vitamin E, Aspirin, Niacin, fish oil supplements, and Ibuprofen. Do not drink any alcohol the night before and day of your appointment and limit the amount of caffeine you consume. If you have been on prescription Accutane in the past, you MUST wait at least one year before considering this procedure. It is highly recommended that you avoid SUN and TANNING BED exposure for 30 days BEFORE and AFTER your procedure. If you show up for your appointment with a new tan or a sunburn, you will need to reschedule and will forfeit your deposit. As your skin exfoliates from a sunburn, it will take the pigment with it.
Q. HOW WILL I LOOK IMMEDIATELY AFTER? WHAT IS THE HEALING PROCESS?
A. Your semi-permanent makeup will appear darker and more intense than expected for the first few days. This will gradually lighten during the complete healing process. Redness and swelling is minimal. Please view our detailed aftercare instructions here.
Q. WHAT SHOULD I DO AFTER THE PROCEDURE?
A. We have detailed aftercare instructions listed here. It is highly beneficial to follow these instructions to ensure a comfortable healing process and to achieve the best results.
Q. HOW WILL MY COSMETIC TATTOO LOOK IN THE FUTURE?
A. The majority of our cosmetic tattoos stay true to color and lighten naturally over time. There are some cases, however, where colours may fade to different tones according to the individual’s response to the pigments (like lifestyle and iron deficiencies). Many factors affect these changes. At your follow-up appointment, we will re-analyze how your body has responded to the initial colour. Special formula alteration to correct the colour and to prevent further colour change is made at this time. Your eyebrow tattoo will eventually look softer and have more of a "powdered" look. This happens with all clients as the skin ages. To keep your hair strokes looking good, a refresher appointment is suggested every 1 to 2 years. Results vary with each client.
Q. WHAT SHOULD I KNOW ABOUT LONG TERM CARE?
A. A good sunscreen should be applied daily AFTER healing and is required to help keep colour true. As with any tattoo, sun exposure will make the colour soften faster.
Fading speed depends on your skintype, lifestyle, sun exposure, pigment colour used, broken capillaries, and if any chemical peels were done after your procedure.
If you are planning a chemical peel, laser treatment or other medical procedure, please inform the technician that you have had a cosmetic tattoo. Careful application must be taken to avoid affecting the tattooed area.
Q. WILL COSMETIC TATTOOING WORK WELL FOR ME?
A. If you have extremely oily skin, the hairstroke eyebrow technique will NOT work well for you. The constant production of oil will cause the hairstrokes to heal with a diffused, softer look. Your end result will look more powdered than you would expect.
If you have little to no existing hair, your tattoo will appear more 2-dimensional than those clients who have more hair naturally.
If you are a frequent smoker, your pigment may fade sooner.
If you are iron deficient or Anemic, your pigment may fade sooner and bleeding/bruising may occur during and after the procedure.
PLEASE NOTE: If you have had your eyebrows previously tattooed, we do not offer cover-up or re-work services. We cannot guarantee results for cases such as these. In some instances where the previous work is too dark, dense, discoloured, or large, tattoo removal will be highly recommended before our services will be considered.Some special cases may be considered. Please call with any further questions.
Q. IS THE EQUIPMENT SAFE?
A. Yes it is! I am *Blood Pathogens Certified* i work in a very sterile room space . We only use single use, disposable needles and supplies. This means that each set-up for each new client is discarded safely afterwards. Each of our stations are thoroughly disinfected before opening and after each procedure throughout the day.
Q. HOW DO I BOOK AN APPOINTMENT?
A. Appointments can only be made via our online booking system or phone call.
*Please note that a deposit is required to schedule and secure your appointment and is deducted from the total price. This deposit is to ensure that you are serious about your appointment and is non-refundable. If you cancel or miss your appointment, you will simply forfeit your deposit. For any rescheduling a 1 weeks notice is required.
IMPORTANT FACTS ABOUT DERMAPLANING
1. Dermaplaning is recommended for all skin types. Clients with sun damage, fine lines, very dry skin and dull skin are great candidates. However, since the procedure requires use of a sharp scalpel, those with enflamed acne should pass on it until their complexion clears up.
2. Contrary to what you might think, dermaplaning will not make your hair grow back thicker or darker. its been assured that once your hair begins to grow back it might feel different because the hair was cut straight across, but it's actually the same texture as before and grows at the same speed. It also just might seem thicker because the hair was bluntly cut by the razor versus having a natural point to it.
3. There's no downtime. Some light redness can be expected but not always. "It's perfectly fine and common to make an appointment during lunch and go right back to work after the 40-minute treatment,"
4. You'll need to be very diligent with SPF afterward. You should always wear sun protection every day — especially when you're outside for a prolonged period of time — but post-exfoliation your skin is especially susceptible to the sun. So, if you don't take sun protection seriously, you might want to skip this sloughing treatment.
5. You can expect to spend $150 to $250 per treatment. But you'll notice a difference in your skin's texture and tone immediately, so it's worth it. And prices vary according facial packages with added dermaplaning.
6. It'll change your life as far as makeup application goes. Ever notice how peach fuzz tends to stand out even more underneath foundation and face powders? Well, since the dermaplaning razor removes all the little hairs on your face, your makeup will go on super smoothly. Your skincare products will also be more effective, since the product isn't being blocked by dead skin cells and can penetrate the skin faster.
7. The results can last up to four weeks. The procedure removes three weeks of dead skin cells, so your glow will last all month long. "But since your skin is always growing, you'll need to schedule an appointment every month or so to maintain your results.
9. Don't try this at home. Since dermaplaning is performed with surgical scalpels (not your average razor), you should leave it to the pros. If you're interested in shaving your face, refer to this instead.